Monday, January 14, 2013

Czesc!

It is very interesting to try to read the Polish language...and even more interesting to hear it spoken.
Too bad I have no idea how to pronounce any of the Polish words Lance uses in his emails!  Thankfully, I can at least look the word up on the internet and find its definition.

Czesc = Hi

In my email to Lance this week, I shared with him how cold it has been here in Utah.  From what I understand, Polish winters are very cold, due to the humidity factor.  But, he assures me that he is staying warm, and the shoes we bought for him before he left are working out great.  I had to wonder because of this picture Sister Nielson posted on her blog:
Lance tells me that they spend a good amount of time each day using public transportation & walking.

There are some guidelines and rules that missionaries are expected to follow, including restrictions of what types of music, videos, etc., they can use.  Makes sense, whereas one missionary's opinion of what is appropriate can vary from the next.  So, the guidelines are to keep music to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir & videos are just Conferences.  Good to know, since I have a few books in mind and a couple CDs for him to listen to when he gets home!

It appears that Lance's companion, Elder Wilson, is just wonderful!  Lance says Elder Wilson invites the Spirit in and that they have become great friends.

This picture was taken on New Year's Eve.  They were able to celebrate with other missionaries.  The sister who took this picture sent me a lovely email.  It is so nice to know that others care about my son!

There are a couple investigators Lance tells me about nearly every week.  He considers them friends and is loving the opportunity to teach them and learn from them!  It appears that they are all exercising their faith.  He quotes from the Book of Mormon:
"And now, I, Moroni, would speak somewhat concerning these things; I would show unto the world that faith is things which are hoped for and not seen; wherefore, dispute not because ye see not, for ye receive no witness until after the trial of your faith."  Ether 12:6

Lance isn't afraid to talk to everyone he comes into contact with, and that means no regrets at the end of each day.  He says he preaches the Gospel no matter where he is because he knows he's been called of God.  So, he gives it his all!

I just hope he's writing all of this in his journal!

No comments:

Post a Comment