Monday, May 20, 2013

Czesc = honor

Once in a while, I get a translation with the Polish words and phrases Lance uses regularly. Czesc is one he uses frequently to close his emails. Now that I know what it means, I wish I knew how to pronounce it!

As I updated last week, Lance was blessed to baptize and confirm his Chinese friend. Now that she is official, Lance and his companion will begin teaching her the "new member" discussions. I remember 23 years ago when my husband and I were first married, my husband encouraged me to have the missionaries come teach me and answer questions I had concerning the Gospel and the church. I can imagine that the new member discussions are similar to what I experienced with those fine young men. I wish I remembered their names now so I could try to find them and thank them for their patience with me!

Besides my Monday email from Lance, we also had a nice update on Sister Nielson's blog to read....

"We arrived in Szczecin and found these Elders talking with people just outside our chapel."

Knowing my son like I do, I can see by the look on his face that he is very intense at this moment. I mentioned that in my email and he said that yes, at that moment he was being "very bold" with this man. He said it was a good meeting and they gave him a brochure in hopes that he will want to meet again.

Here are some more pictures from Sister Nielson's blog:





This final one is a celebration for Lance's birthday. They're holding ice cream bars.

Lance comments that he thinks his companion is awesome and always has his back. He also comments that his new Chinese friend is righteous and honorable and is so glad to have known her. He states that they are always teaching those they meet on the streets and hope to find those who are ready for the Gospel message and thanks us for our prayers.


They are getting a lot of rain in Szczecin right now, which is similar to Utah's weather. He bought a penny whistle not too long ago and says he knows how to play it now. He has two at home, but didn't really pick them up. He says that he makes up songs and bounces around like he's doing an Irish jig, to which his companion just laughs and shakes his head.


He says that right after doing a white board discussion on Saturday, several girls that had been watching them from the bar came to them and asked lots of questions. Finally they asked where Lance and his companion live and if they would like to go there to party. Lance says he and his companion just walked off laughing and continued teaching the people down the street. He says he thought to himself, "Good try, Satan, but it's not going to work on me!"

He closes by saying that he loves this mission. He prays for and sends his love to all of his family and friends.



He included this picture and asked me to send it on to his brother Russell.  

No comments:

Post a Comment