Wednesday, October 24, 2012

The Nielsons are just plain awesome!



Shortly after Lance received his call, I was advised to look up President & Sister Nielson's blog.  Every (I mean EVERY) activity, function, baptism, move the missionaries make are all photographed.  They take time to describe, in detail, what is happening in the Poland mission.

I'm not sure I can express the feelings I had when I saw the photographic evidence of Lance walking off the plane and being so warmly welcomed by the Nielsons.



Looking handsome in his chocolate brown suit.  
He plans on buying a new Polish suit.  


Today he met his trainer and learned he had been assigned to Warsaw.  


The elder on the far right is also new.  
He's standing next to his trainer.
Not sure how it happened, but their heights match quite nicely.


This was Lance's first chance to speak with someone about the Gospel.
The missionary standing with him has been in Poland for a some months now.  
I feel like I know him...his mom has been a great "friend" to me via email & Facebook.


So, a special thank you to the Nielsons!  Though Lance is many miles away, their blog has helped me to feel close to my son.  



1 comment:

  1. I had the same feeling you did when I saw those pictures...quite indescribable...but I know you get it. How lucky we are that they both get to stay in Warsaw for a while! YAY! :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete