Tuesday, August 14, 2012

The universal language of music

Meant to get those last few items today while we were out making wheatgrass deliveries  but got off track with a trip to Summerhays music store...to play on their harps.

If you didn't already know this, Lance is a talented musician.  He started with my guitar as a toddler & has since mastered the cello, drums, & now my harp.  He has spent countless hours in the last week putting the finishing touches on his solo CD, which features cello, guitar, & harp.  It's crazy good!

My dad was also a talented musician.  Best I can remember, my dad played guitar, slide guitar, drums, a little bass, & even a little piano.  All self-taught.  We used to joke that you could just sit any random instrument in front of him, and within a few minutes, he'd have some decent sound coming from it.  Well, Lance hasn't fallen far from the music tree. 

Music is truly a universal language and I hope Lance will have the opportunity to share his talent while serving in Poland.  Who knows, maybe he'll even pick up another instrument.  Maybe it'll be the Hurdy Gurdy.

No comments:

Post a Comment